Sep 1, 2013

More creams

I recall having seen this bright yellow cream in supermarkets in Finland, but I never would have guessed it is a Finnish product with the Key Flag Symbol on it. But it is.

It was launched in 1952 a prosperous time in Finland's history when Armi Kuusela was crowned to Miss Universum and the Olympic games where held in Helsinki. At that time cosmetic products were luxury items that only wealthy people could afford. Lemon Juice & Glycerine was designed to fill this gap and it surely did succeed as it became the favorite cream "for everyone". The name comes from the prime materials of the product; pampering lemon juice and moisturizing glycerine. The curiosity of the name is that it is in English, because at the time of its creation all the imported products were considered to be better quality so the manufacturer Transmeri wanted to give it an international air. The product has been always produced in Finland and the recipe has stayed almost the same for the past 60 years.

I was surprised about this history and decided to try out this nostalgic hand cream, the price is something like 3 euros so its not a catastrophe if it turns out to be bad. But it was great. The thing I was scared the most was its scent; I had an idea it might have strong lemon smell that I couldn't stand for it. I don't even use daily eau de toilettes as it might give me a headache. With this cream you hardly can smell the lemon, so that is great and it leaves your hands smooth and dries quickly.

The hand cream is the original product, but now within the years Transmeri has created a product family around it so you can find soaps and creams for feet as well.



Lemon Juice&Glycerine; I surely do recommend this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment