Sep 12, 2013

R-collection

R-collection is a Finnish clothing company. Its style is simple, honest clothing for leisure and all the clothes are really practical. The wonderful thing about this company is that they weave some of the fabrics they use in Finland, Orivesi. The fabric is thick cotton jersey and it is really long lasting, good quality fabric. They have the headquarters in Kajaani and that is where they also do patterns and cut the fabrics. Sewing is done in Estonia.

R-collection clothes are perfect to my boyfriend who is not metrosexual at all and likes simple, long lasting, classical clothes. I always buy something to him when visiting Finland; T-shirts, college trousers or hoodie. This time I wanted to buy him a jacket, but as he was not with me maybe better not; when back in Spain changing a product wouldn't be so simple. A pity they do not have international e-commerce; they only send goodies within Finland.

From sales I bought 2 dresses for me; a black autumn dress and a blue linen dress for summer. The linen dress had funny pockets in front and the fabric was really pretty as the weft and warp where different color, the other one black and the other blue, creating a beautiful color texture. The black dress was just a simple jersey dress with no fuss, easy going. Maybe if I add blue lace stockings I might get the outfit to rock a bit more.

To be honest the R-collection clothing is not fashion or fancy at all; it looks really "Finnish" so to say. The clothes are perfect for home and outdoors. They also have really loose cuts, so you can't find anything really tight there or figure hugging. Loose and practical.



The linen pocket dress.

Above the typical R-collection logo, and then the one that was in my dress, more fancy one. I don't really follow/understand the different logo in the etiquette of my jersey dress as it is not fancy at all and therefor the basic logo would be more suitable for it. 



Styling from the Olivia's August issue. I love those blue stockings, it would give a twist to my practical but boring black jersey dress.




No comments:

Post a Comment