Sep 5, 2013

Finnish magazines

When traveling adequate entertaining on the airplanes is a must. One of the best ways is to buy magazines, fashion, decoration etc. at the airport and read them through the flight. Magazines are that kind of short entertainment that you don't need to be too focused or concentrated as when reading a book/watching a movie and short breaks are more than welcome when the coffee trolleys reaches your seat line.

Visiting Finland I always like to buy Finnish magazines to have a look what is going on on clothing sector. Nowadays I don't know whether there's lot of going on, but at least there are many fashion magazines for such a small country. In summer you also have those 2in1 treats, so this time I bought various different ones just to have a glimpse of all. They were so cheap...

Gloria is for wealthy adults, career ladies so to say, focused magazine, classical one. Although I don't fit de description, not wealthy, nor classic, I always like to read it; usually it has interesting articles and it is not only about the latest in fashion. It also skips the selection of H&M etc. cheap brands. Though this time the summer issue was quite boring.

Costume, Olivia and Trendi they are all for younger lectors; young adults, that are still going out a lot and participating to summer festivals etc. trendy people, hipsters. Trendi is the oldest publication of these 3 papers and that is my favorite. I didn't like the layout or style of Costume (name is nice and the cover of 2/2013 issue) and the same for Olivia as they both were too messy, too blog kind a likes with short stories and reports of products. Well Olivia had an interesting Vintage-story and when entering Costume's web page you could print a pattern for a wide sleeved dress. I just printed all the instructions, so let's see whether this autumn I will be able to make a dress for me.

I still can't believe there are market for all these magazines in Finland. In the future I will just stick to my old favorites Gloria and Trendi; I feel I already start to be too old for Costume and Olivia.


Summer reading

No comments:

Post a Comment