Aug 22, 2013

Monkeys in Helsinki

In July I was visiting Finland and found these lovely monkeys at the airport of Helsinki. I had extensively time to wait my connection flight, so I searched the only restaurant there is to have lunch. Of course the airport is full of expensive cafeterias and take aways as every other airport with their boring and exactly similar offerings, but to have a decent lunch you need to be lucky. In Helsinki every kiosk is offering picnic-sandwiches and at the airport of Barcelona what you find in every cafeteria are the local "bocadillos" (Spanish style ham or cheese white breads). If you wish to have something else you really need to have patience to find a decent restaurant at the airports.

Well, anyway, in Helsinki-Vantaa it is in front of the gate 14; the Restaurant&Cafe Seasons.

This Restaurant&Cafe Seasons was really calm place and had a friendly service. Menu was fine although the proportions were quite mini. I took "fast menu" and the starter caesar salad + the main dish chicken were good, but really in size miniature. Dessert and tea were enjoyable to have with no rush and in a quiet corner.

In the restaurant I especially loved the wallpaper; monkeys on a light blue background. Unfortunately I don't know who is the manufacturer of this funny wallpaper.




Monkeys on the wall and sofa + me killing time at the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment