Aug 20, 2013

Banana Moon - made in Monaco (partly)

Lately it has been way too hot here in Barcelona. Absolutely too hot; impossible to do anything in the evenings. The day goes fine working in an air-conditioned office, but the evenings on the street or at "not air-conditioned" home are horrible. You just simply cannot do anything.

But for the weekends its fantastic if you can go to the beach. And even more if you have new bikinis from the summer sales. Already during few summers I have been checking the bikini models of Banana Moon, a swimwear brand from California. This year before heading to the sales I first went to the web page to check which models they have. The bikinis are bright colored Californian surfer style swimwear; I really like them.

This time I was surprised as I found "made in Monaco" -video from the web page, wow, I really didn't know they are producing the goods in Europe. I was pretty sure in their swimwear I would found "made in China" -etiquette  as in so many other (read: all) swimwear brands. A new thing was also that they have added lingerie to their lines, another wow, as almost all lingerie "is made in China". The lingerie looked too girly for me, but maybe on next season they might have something interesting. At least it is worth of remembering, because it is really hard to find any underwear made in Europe.

Well, delighted by the fact they produce in Monaco I went to El Corte Inglés to see if I could find some pretty bikinis and of course I did. In the etiquette though it said "made in Tunisia", so I had to write an email to Banana Moon to verify where they actually produce the goods. Immediately on the next day I had the answer in my inbox: "that the creation / design and cutting fabric on sophisticated machines are made in Monaco and the silkscreen and assembly of the swimwear is made in Tunisia". Tunisia is fine for me as we all are by the Mediterranean sea. Good and fast customer service.







My set of bikinis, all other photos a courtesy of Banana Moon.



No comments:

Post a Comment