Jun 11, 2013

More plastic "all weather" shoes

As it is not clear whether it is sunny&warm or grayish&rainy it is better to stick with plastic shoes. Brazilian brand Melissa is perfect for that. Melissa designs and makes plastic shoes from recycled plastic in Brazil. When the shoes get broken and old you can recycle them as they are made from plastic. Practical.

Melissa does lot of collaboration with different designers. I think the most successful in the past has been with Vivienne Westwood (in 2008) and this years's collaboration with Jason Wu also looks great. I was a bit disappointed to the shoes designed by Karl Lagerfeld as an ice cream on the heels was not something I was expecting from the master. Well, maybe the shoes, or plastic shoes, are not the thing for K.Lagerfeld. Quite consolidating that not everything turns to gold although great designer designs it. A curiosity is the collaboration with Angry Birds...that is strange. I don't know whether the shoes are already a history thing or they will be in the future collection, but I would be interested to know what kind of shoes they created/will create.

I love the following pics from the Melissa Magazine. They are so candy.


My favorite Melissa Trippy shoes.

Model Jean+Jason Wu is also my favorite and it has lovely colors









I can't believe these 90's bags make a return! Gosh; I should really search for my mother's white plastic beach bag, whether it would be still in condition to be used. In fashion everything really returns sooner or later.


Melissa Incense+Karl Lagerfeld's ice cream shoes


If someone got excited here is Melissa's online shop.






No comments:

Post a Comment