Jun 23, 2013

Cup&Cake; my new favorite cafeteria in Barcelona

Cupcakes are no longer the "thing" in pastry as macarones and cake pop sticks are the newest in desserts, but I still do love them. In Spain there is no great culture of cafeterias, as they tend to have their coffees ("cortados") fast on the corner bar and with no sweets accompanying the cafe. For this reason I haven't found too many sweet cafes to enjoy a large milk coffee with some cake in beautiful surroundings. Finally yesterday I visited Cup&Cake, a beautiful and tasty cafe in the quiet, but centric street Enric Granados, 145, just before the Street Diagonal.  And surely I will repeat the visit.

The place was spacious and beautifully decorated and the cupcakes + cafe were delicious! They also have a terrace where you can enjoy these sunny summer days. From 12 flavors of cupcakes my selection was Brownie. They have also some cheesecakes and sandwiches to order and all are home made with fresh products.

I warmly recommend this place if you are a fan of long coffee moments with a friend or reading a magazine. From their web page I found out they have another "Brunch&Cake" -place at the beginning of the same street. It might be also worth visiting in the brunch hour.






Cosy street of Enric Granados


No comments:

Post a Comment