Jun 19, 2013

Finally I have all Monocle 2012 issues

Yesterday I could finally complete all my Monocle 2012 Issues when I picked up a beautiful package from the post office. Why I want them all? Because in 2012 Monocle had a section called "A fresh look at the best of Spain" and throughout the year they introduced top 100 experiences from Spain under different categories; Design&Fashion, Food&Drink etc. The section was made in collaboration with Spanish tourist office and Monocle. I already had most of the issues, but as few were missing I could order them from Monocle's web shop.

A toast to this; an international publisher brings out something positive and innovative from Spain. Not only dull news about the crashing economy. Thank you for that!

I already fancied Monocle as a chic, interesting, well written magazine and now even more when saw its packaging. So well styled and branded product.

In the final issue (59) of 2012 there are Monocle's annual softie awards: a ranking of the world's top 30 softest super powers. Spain is 16th with the phrase:
"Things are not sunny in Spain these days but we love it anyway."
Indeed and I keep buying Monocle.







No comments:

Post a Comment