Sep 21, 2012

September Issue

On Sunday night I watched a document of Vogue; The September Issue (la noche temática - Vogue: el número de septiembre.) It followed the creation of September 2007 Issue of American Vogue magazine and was already released on 2009, so I'm a bit late with this one...

Lately I have been a bit tired of fashion, but almost always if there is something about it on TV I will sit down and swallow it. Fascinated I followed how the staff of Vogue produced the most important issue of the year. I never have been good in styling or creating window displays, so I really give my respect to the editors/stylists who are actually organizing and imaging all those photo sessions. My absolute favorite was the creative director Grace Coddington. She is a real grand old lady with a life long career in the fashion industry; first as a model and after as an Junior editor in Vogue UK and then a creative director in the American Vogue. She seemed to be such a cheerful professional with her red hair going around the office, funny, but sharp.

Inspired by the document I had to buy the September Issue of Spanish Vogue. The magazine itself was not that splendid, the color palette for this year's fashion seems to be dull etc., but of course it did have something to interest about. For example I found Grace Coddington as young model in an article about an artist Antonio Lopez. Also when writing this I discovered that the Grace is about to release memoir's of hers on November 2012. Since I was a teenager I haven't been interested in other people's memoirs, but maybe this might be worth of having an eye.

This time was the first one that I focused who were the fashion editors of the shootings. In the long run I am interested in finding, if possible, my favorite editor/stylist...let's see how long it takes.


Grace Coddington in Jamaica (1975)





No comments:

Post a Comment