May 20, 2013

Rainy weeks

Sunny spring didn't last long, we are back to the cloudy rainy weather. Good time to have a glimpse to rubber boots/wellingtons on the market.

Hunter has this year lovely colors; I love the gloss mint boots. My first acquaintance to the brand Hunter came in 2010 when visiting New York. We travelled in March and it happened to be really rainy week in NY and all ladies, well almost all in the Manhattan, were wearing Hunters. And they looked great and surely kept the feet dry and warm. I almost bought a pair to me, but as the price was pretty high decided to fill up my luggage with some other stuff. Since then every year I check out the new colors and if they would have lowered the prices. Until now, nope, although the production has been moved partially to the Far East to lower the production costs. From 1856 until 2008 these iconic British boots were manufactured in Edinburgh. It is such a pity that so many successful brands can see as the only option to transfer the production to the Asia region.

A curiosity is that Hunter was also the manufacturer of the wellingtons for the army in the World War I and II. Wow. That must have been many, many boots.


This spring's new gloss colors, works well in the short model

Everyone surely finds a color they like from this selection




My Marimekko's "Suomu" rubber boots and these are made in ITALY!!!! Good stuff. 
I like the narrow design with high heels and leather detail on the upper part of the boot.


In 1960's Annika Rimala designed a print "Pikku Suomu" and 
it can be still found on this years spring collection of Marimekko. 
Marimekko always recycles classics in its collections.




No comments:

Post a Comment