Jan 11, 2012

Nooou, Pantone announces the Tangerine Tango is the color for this year!!!

I was ahead of my time as Pantone declares the Tangerine Tango to be the color of the year 2012! It was my favorite last year, now I am already for mint, but of course I can continue with my orange path... Pantone is the world's color authority that has since year 2000 announced a color for each year. These colors then influence product developments and buying decision of different industries; fashion, graphic design etc. Trendforecasts are of course made much earlier, but at the beginning of the year there is this announcement.








The new color is applied to accessories, of course. I could buy one of these mugs, but they are huge, so I don't know what would I be drinking from that.


Interesting for this year makes the fact that Pantone has teamed up with Sephora, the make up empire, and in spring Sephora will launch their collaboration as Sephora + Pantone Universe. It will be the first "Color of the year beauty collection". I only hope that the limited edition collection is not only to USA market...I will be wating for Tangerina Tango nail polish and maybe this year I would dare also use an orangish lipstick, maybe.









No comments:

Post a Comment